Great! So we have talked about the idea now, and it is time to sketch out a plan. Here is the plan:
1. Decide what your app is great at
MIH!SP is great at planning and registering studying activities in an efficient and motivating way and letting the user evaluate his/her efficiency and prioritizing through statistics with the goal of making it (studying) happen!
2. Decide what user activities to support
View/ Add study items:
- Add study items
- View and sort study items
- Edit/delete study items
- Add categories
- View and sort categories (by name and date)
- Edit/delete categories
- Clear all lists
- Clear all categories
- Compare added to completed (bar series)
- Compare Worth score to Importance, Interest and Urgency score if completed (bar series) for certain category or item
- Estimated time left for certain category (gauge) or item
- Estimated time compared to Time spent if completed (line chart) for selected category or item
- Importance, Interest and Urgency score (pie chart) total
- Time spent studying per month (filled line chart)
- View App Help and information
3. Decide what features to include
- Roaming ? (maybe)
- Settings ? (maybe)
- App help
- English only
Designed for accessibility:
- Support touch only, keyboard only
- Screen reading ‘friendly’ (Items added)
4. Decide how to monetize your app
- The app will be free in 1.0
- Premium content in v 2.0 ?(maybe)
5. Design the UI for your app
This is just a first idea. Due to the simplicity of the app it won’t be split into different pages, and as you can see in the sketch the navigation pattern drawn so far is quite simple.
We will further build on this sketch later and discuss commanding surface and navigation flow, but for now this will suffice.
6.Make a good first impression
- Tile & notifications – we will decide on this later
- Splash screen Just the logo as a png on a colored background (fast, simple and flexible)
- First launch No login required, all functions available from start
- Home page Home page will be the only page, at the moment anyway.
7.Prototype and validate your design
We will get to this soon, but not yet. Basically we will need to validate the design and the idea, and do some testing.