– a lightweight user interface (view). Is lightly dismissible and can by attached to any FrameworkElement. Use Flyoutbase.Attachedflyout . When added to a button the flyout will open automatically.
– Flyoutcontrol that simplifies use of settingspanel
Theming and ThemeResource
– you can request specified theme on single controls
– can use different data sources. New hub app temp,ate in usual studio 2013
– automatic layout and resizing of the app bar commands
– integrate with Search APIs with IME integration. Not much in the documentation yet, but it should come here.
– the same but does not renders top of all controls anymore
– can render from local storage by just setting the source
– event lifecycle
– increased security
More (in random order):
PDF render API
Date picker and time picker
Hyperlink is back
Intellisense on resources
Highlight a XAML section and wrap in for example StackPanel (surround by, right click and select)
Go to definition in XAML
Create custom guides in XAML
Support for UI element rendering (render target bitmap)
Defer loading of keyed resources
– x;key resources only loaded when used
Delay-load of theme resources
XAML Binary Format (XBF) up to 25% performance improvement
– binary format is generated even for third party controls, such as those we have at Telerik 😉
List and GridView performance
Changes in rendering by trimming the default primitive composition and letting you opt in for what you want to add instead rendering performance on the list and gridview has been improved enormously.
This is also noticeable when panning. This is by default when creating apps with the new improvements, otherwise check the migration documentation.
There will also be access to lower level APIs in regards to panning you get more control of the drawing (low level event API).
Input and manipulations
Smooth panning (ChangeView)
Locking scroll regions
Performance in bindings improved by 40%
Access to BindingExpression
DependecyObjectCollection (behavior SDK)