I’ve been working hard to finish a Universal Application as I had to record a module for my Pluralsight course on the same topic. Unfortunately the last Visual Studio update corrupted the Windows Phone emulator and I got the error:
Error: Windows Phone Emulator is unable to load the application skin X
As always, the first thing I did was to open Hyper V and try to run the VM used to emulate the Windows Phone environment. It ran without problems.
Then I opened up the folder where the skins are located and noticed that the skin was indeed missing. O could have done a VS repair, but knowing how long that takes I asked on Twitter instead if somebody could provide the folder instead so I could grab the missing skins.
After I copied over what was missing the emulator ran without any problems or complaints.